Monday, August 26, 2013

The Human Mind: To Believe or Not to Believe



Long ago I discovered that we humans tend to want our expectations to meet reality in order to create a sense of equilibrium. Some of us will even avoid and/or ignore sources of information (facts) & situations that go against what they believe(or want to believe) to avoid a feeling of uneasiness & being wrong. If this uneasiness is not reduced by changing one's belief, it can result in restoring in misperception(s), rejection or arguing against the information (facts), seeking support from others who share their (false)beliefs, and attempting to persuade others.
I have tried my entire life to fully understand this as well as avoid being like this. I have to constantly keep this in mind and always keep information coming in by seeking knowledge from many, any, & all sources. My brain as well as yours is a sort & order clerk always sifting through data. 
This is why I do not force my children to believe in any religious school of thought. I am fully aware that one day they will make that choice for themselves. So I allow them to learn about them all. Upon adulthood they will choose whether to believe or not and pick what it is exactly they want to believe in. This I hope will avoid them being narrow minded & having tunnel vision. This is true FREEDOM! This is just me and I'm just saying...
...what say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment